Lakota Local Schools is fortunate to have each of our clinics managed by a full-time Registered Nurse. The nurses play an essential role in the daily and chronic health needs of our students both as a medical professional and as an advocate for safety and health of all students and staff. Recognizing the physical, emotional, and social needs of the students, enables the nurse to advocate and educate for their needs to promote optimal learning in the school setting. Health Services provides a long list of services some of which include:
Please note that all students are required by Ohio law to have an Emergency Medical Authorization Form on file which needs to be completed each academic year by a parent/guardian. The school must have emergency telephone numbers on file where the parent/guardian(s) can be reached during the school day. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to keep the school office informed of any changes to the contact information (phone number, email, etc.).
- Daily management of the clinic and observation and reporting of health trends
- Administration of medications and nursing procedures as prescribed by a physician and set forth by District policy
- Provides first aid and referrals as needed for community resource
- Develops and educates emergency action plans for the students with critical health needs
- Performs mandated vision and hearing screenings and refers for follow-up as needed
- Maintains health records and immunization compliance within the state requirements
- Collaborates and consults with staff regarding student’s health concerns and needs in the school setting.
Click here to print a copy of the Emergency Medical Authorization form.
School health services do not replace the parents’ responsibility for obtaining health care nor the providers’ responsibility for administering care.
It is always our goal to provide a safe and healthy learning environment and I appreciate any questions or concerns that may arise.
Manager of Health Services
(513) 644-1212, extension 22159