As the school year came to a close, Lakota’s Class of 2023 enjoyed cherished traditions that have become a hallmark of the Lakota experience. From the Military Commitment Ceremony and the Parade of Graduates to academic award nights and senior picnics -- to the grand finale of commencement exercises, Lakota's graduates bid farewell to their high school years.
News & events
A passion project led by first-year teacher Molly Zaenkert gave her kindergartners at Heritage ECS more than just a crash course in over 20 different occupations. Their special weekly classroom visitors also accelerated their reading, writing and social studies skills in ways she never fully anticipated.
The “Innovation Museum” at Wyandot ECS earlier this month put on full display the power of personalized learning. Melissa Riehle’s second-graders were handed the question,”How can we innovate to improve the world around us?” and they answered it with calm down bracelets, hover phones and flying cars, just to name a few.
Lakota's annual Financial Prospectus is coming to mailboxes soon. Learn how Lakota is being good stewards of our taxpayers’ dollars and prioritizing fiscal responsibility.
Everything WE do is designed to provide a future-ready, student-centered learning experience for every single child.
At Lakota, personalized learning is tailoring the instructional environment to address the individual needs, skills and interests of the whole child, while developing a deep, personal connection to maximize student ownership of learning. Our students grow academically, socially, emotionally and culturally, while learning critical life skills. We provide a safe and secure environment in which our students can build character and develop their unique strengths as a foundation for their future success.
- Clearly articulate and strengthen Lakota personalized learning
- Improve structures and systems to align to the vision for personalized learning
- Develop a Portrait of a Graduate to clearly identify the skills and competencies necessary for the future success of each studentImplement multi-tiered systems of support to align services targeted to the needs of the whole child
- Ensure success and continued expansion of mental health and wellness initiatives district wide
- Establish professional development and training plans for all tiers of student support
Through innovative and engaging learning, enhanced with leading edge technology, Lakota maximizes student readiness for the four Es: Employment, Enrollment in higher education, Enlistment in the military and Entrepreneurship.
- Design instruction and technology systems to pilot innovative models and programs aligned with the Portrait of a Lakota Graduate
- Support personalized learning with the appropriate student technology devices and tools
- Continuing to develop instructional strategies to include STEAM2 and project-based learning
- Develop cutting edge pathways in secondary curriculum to prepare each student for future success
- Develop real-world learning opportunities to enhance learning and expand student internships
- Create break-through business partnerships that dramatically enhance enrollment, enlistment, employment and entrepreneurship
- Create a comprehensive facilities plan that supports student needs and financial stability
- Innovate spaces that encourage personalized, project-based and real-world learning
As we continue to expand our learning opportunities to prepare our students to successfully meet the demands of life after graduation, we are committed to aligning our resources to Lakota’s educational priorities while ensuring financial stability.
- Be good stewards of our residents’ tax dollars by operating a strategically aligned and efficient budget, as fiscal responsibility is a top priority for the District
- Monitor spending and re-prioritize dollars to enhance personalized student learning
- Continue to put the majority of our resources toward instruction, pupil support and instructional support
- In FY 18, this amounted to 68% of Lakota’s general fund spending
- Continue to provide financial transparency to our community through annual publications like the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report and Financial Prospectus
In this Together
In this Together
At Lakota, we embrace a strong partnership with our stakeholders - students, staff, parents and community members – to meet high expectations and encourage teamwork for student success.
- Incorporate and encourage student and staff voice into the Lakota learning experience
- Continue developing non-traditional programs and opportunities to inspire parents and community members to take an active role in shaping the Lakota experience
- Broaden organizational capacity through the continued development of district leadership opportunities and team structure
- Develop personalized professional growth strategy aligned with district priorities for all staff
- Continue transparency and strengthen two-way communication with all stakeholders
- Lead a dynamic culture across the District, embracing diversity and inclusion for all
Here Add Background Image
With 38% of students celebrating their multicultural backgrounds, Lakota provides a culturally-diverse experience where respect and inclusion are taught as core values.
Fewer than 5% of all entities that are audited annually earn the "Auditor of State Award with Distinction" - and Lakota has received the honor eight years in a row.
Through Lakota's WE are Empowered initiative, 100 percent of all students in grades 3-12 have access to their own Chromebook for daily learning.
Dogs of Lakota:
Lakota's pack of nine therapy dogs, and growing, are wagging their tails around the district, providing therapy and emotional support to even our youngest learners.
We believe in preparing every student for success after graduation in one of the 4Es: Enrollment in higher education; Enlistment in military service; Employment as a contributing member of our community; or Entrepreneurship.