The Optimist Club of West Chester-Lakota is looking for a student marketing intern to assist the Club in the creation of a monthly newsletter. The content could be originally written by the intern or could be curated from student publications (Spark, West Press), local community organizations (West Chester Liberty Chamber Alliance, Optimist International) or other primary local news sources. Ideally, the student would have the newsletter structure and content in mind while determining the following:
- Assessing the interests and needs of the audience.
- Determining how we will stay in touch with this audience and the objectives of the newsletter.
- Building some light branding for the newsletter.
- Establishing channels for content sources.
- Finding appropriate ways to work with high school journalists on articles that would be relevant for the newsletter.
- Review the West Chester Liberty Chamber Alliance and Optimists international newsletters to select relevant articles.
- Select graphic elements to make the newsletter seem more engaging, readable, and visually stunning.
- Help build audience surveys.
The student will work on projects approximately 6-8 hours per month and will work remotely on their own time. Check-ins with supervisor will be determined as needed and when collaborations are necessary. This schedule would be arranged with the chosen intern.
Ideal candidates would have an interest (and potentially experience) in journalism or writing and a desire to network with local business leaders. Creativity and an open mind would be an asset.
Students must complete this internship application form, submitting a cover letter and resume via the form. Interviews will be conducted with students, and notification of award of internship offers will be made as appropriate. Additionally, participation paperwork will be required of selected student(s) to be submitted prior to the start of the internship and will be.
Students who are most qualified for this internship will be mature, driven individuals with an interest in learning more about careers in business and marketing. A professional demeanor is a must, and school performance and attendance will be considered for selection.
- real world learning