Testing & Assessments
While assessments are only one snapshot in time of a student's achievement level and progress, Lakota fully supports testing in moderation.
That's because any and all data helps us gain a better understanding for how we can individualize instruction and help every single student perform at their highest level in the most foundational academic areas.
Advocacy among our state legislators, both by school leaders and the community at large, has invoked positive change for state testing. This includes just one test provider for all four content areas. Students are also spending far less time taking state tests, and just once per year, during a single testing window.State testing, which tests students' comprehension of Ohio Learning Standards, is particularly important when paired with our own local classroom assessments. This gives our teachers a much more complete picture for tailoring instruction to each student.
Lakota students participate in one or more of the following assessments.
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- Ohio's Alternate Assessment for Students with Disabilities (AASWD)
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA)
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment for the 21st Century (OELPA)
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Screener (OELPS)
- InView and TerraNova 3rd Edition (TN3)