Veterans who left high school to serve in World War II, the Korean War or the Vietnam War may be eligible to receive a diploma.
To be eligible, veterans must meet the following criteria, as outlined in House Bill 11:
- Left school before graduating to serve in the armed forces;
- Received an honorable discharge;
- Is/was a resident of Ohio;
- Served between Sept. 16, 1940 and Dec. 31, 146 or between June 27, 1950 and Jan. 31, 1955; and
- Has not been granted a similar diploma from another state.
In the case of deceased veterans, a diploma may be awarded posthumously and presented to a living relative.
Interested individuals should pick up forms from the Butler County Veterans Service Commission, located at 315 High Street (1st floor) in Hamilton or call (513) 887-3600. Once forms have been received and information verified, the applications will be forwarded to the Lakota School District for awarding of the diploma.For more information, please contact Lakota's Communications Department.