Frequently Asked Questions

Launch modal

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need in order to enroll my student?
Please refer to What to Bring on our website.

What are your hours?
Our regular hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office follows the district calendar and all weather-related district closings and delays.

Where do I go to enroll my student or change my address?
The Lakota WelcomeCenter is located inside Lakota’s Central Office, located at 5572 Princeton Road.

Do I need an appointment?
No, you can visit any time during our regular business hours.

When can I enroll?
For the current school year, you can enroll at any time during our regular hours. For the upcoming school year, we will post special dates on our website for preregistration. Kindergarten registration for the following year will take place in February or March.

How do I enroll in kindergarten?
You can pre-register during the spring for the following year. Your child must be 5 on or before August 1 of that year. Print the Kindergarten Registration Packet, complete it, and bring it with you to the Enrollment Center. Please see What to Bring for other required documents. 

How do I enroll in preschool?
Please contact the preschool office about preschool enrollment details – 870-5378, option 6.

Who can enroll a student or change a student’s information?
The student’s parent/guardian needs to be the one to enroll or change an address. This person must be identified on the birth certificate or through court-stamped documents and will need to bring a photo ID.

How can I find out which school my child will attend?
Click here to go to the Attendance Zone Search viewer and enter your address.

How do I know if my address receives bus service?
Lakota provides transportation to all students in grades K-2. Eligible students in grades 3-6 who live more than one mile from their school will receive transportation. Eligible students in grades 7-8 will receive busing if they live more than two miles from their school. Lakota does not provide busing at the high school level. Click here to check your home address against the exclusion zones.

How do I request my student to attend a school other than the one assigned by our address?
You need to complete an Alternate School Choice form and submit it to the Assistant Superintendent at Central Office. 

What are the school’s hours?
View a list of each school’s hours.