The Lakota Local Schools district and school websites - in addition to the downloadable mobile app - have taken on a dramatic new look and feel with a host of new features to improve the overall visitor experience.
"Many of the new and improved features that our site visitors will find are a direct response to the feedback we gathered through surveys and focus groups last year," said Betsy Fuller, Lakota's director of school and community relations. "We are so excited to make this new tool available to our families, staff and community."
This quick video and the details below will help visitors navigate the new site and take advantage of all the new features.
New Website & Mobile App Features
- Improved Navigation - About 55% of survey respondents indicated that the current site’s navigation was their biggest challenge or frustration. The same percentage agreed that a menu of links and information specific to their Lakota association would be helpful.
In response, the new homepage will feature audience-specific dropdowns for parents, students, staff and community members, in addition to an “I Want To…” dropdown that allows users to quickly navigate to frequently used content or functions like requesting a transcript, finding a form or locating a school supply list, for example.
- Page Design - New design features like callout boxes, buttons and accordions that help consolidate otherwise lengthy pages should make most pages easier to consume and find the information that’s important to you.
- Customizable Calendar - With the calendar ranking highest among the reasons to visit the district and school websites, the new version will make it even easier to view the events that are relevant to you. On both the website and mobile app, visitors will be able to set their preferences and filters for viewing specific district and school calendars.
- News and Announcements - Schools will be posting to their homepages timely news and announcements that could previously only be found in their weekly parent emails. Site visitors will have the option to subscribe to these feeds for timely updates whenever school news gets posted.
- Social Media Feeds - Visitors can view the district’s and school’s social media feeds from each homepage.
- Translation - The new website expands the number of languages available for translation of page content and gives Lakota the ability to expand or change this list based on current language trends among our families.
- Improved Responsiveness - With 49 percent of respondents indicating that they access Lakota’s website most frequently from a tablet or mobile device, Lakota’s new website will respond to all device types, making it easier to access district and school information on-the-go.
Lakota’s website continues to be available at www.lakotaonline.com.
The new mobile app is accessible by searching for “Lakota Schools” from your app store. Current app users may be prompted to update their app or in some cases, the app will be updated automatically.