Did you know that the Dyslexia Resource Guide is available in six languages? These include Arabic, Chinese, English, Nepali, Somali and Spanish for both the text and audio versions.
The Parent Mentor works to support the relationship between the school and the family of a child with a disability. By working closely with parents and teachers, the Parent Mentor is an important part of the student's educational team.
The Parent Mentor provides one-to-one support to parents, either by telephone or in person. Services provided include:
- Attending IEP or other school meetings with parents.
- Parent training, including training about legal rights.
- Liaison services between parents and school district personnel.
- Networking parents to other parents familiar with specific disabilities.
- Information and support about special education issues.
The Ohio Department of Education-Division of Special Education funds the Parent Mentor project.
The Parent Mentor is an experienced parent of a child with a disability. Contact information for Lakota's Parent Mentor is below:
Terri Doerr, Parent Mentor
Phone: (513) 755-8300 x18026
Did you know October is Dyslexia Awareness month? Learn more about Ohio's Dyslexia Guidebook from the Ohio Department of Education.