The Parent Mentor works to support the relationship between the school and the family of a child with a disability. By working closely with parents and teachers, the Parent Mentor is an important part of the student's educational team.
The Parent Mentor provides one-to-one support to parents, either by telephone or in person. Services provided include:
- Attending IEP or other school meetings with parents.
- Parent training, including training about legal rights.
- Liaison services between parents and school district personnel.
- Networking parents to other parents familiar with specific disabilities.
- Information and support about special education issues.
The Ohio Department of Education-Division of Special Education funds the Parent Mentor project.
The Parent Mentor is an experienced parent of a child with a disability. Contact information for Lakota's Parent Mentor is below:
Terri Doerr, Parent Mentor
Phone: (513) 874-0175 x23603 (at Creekside ECS)
Phone: (513) 777-6128 x12207 (at Hopewell ECS)