WE are Empowered
Every Lakota student is part of a learning community dedicated to meeting each child's needs through evolving personalized learning experiences and opportunities.
We value our rich history of pairing talented staff with quality tools and resources to support each student's learning and will continue to do so as we move forward in providing a student-centered education at Lakota. Expanding access to innovative instructional approaches and new learning opportunities, purposefully supported by technology, is the basis of the WE are Empowered program at Lakota.
Students in grades 3-12 have access to their own Chromebook to enhance personalized learning. While students in grades 7-12 are able to take their device home, those in grades 3-6 have access to dedicated devices at school.
In addition, innovation hubs provide a modern space for student learning through technology, collaboration and creativity.
Lakota's 1:1 program supports the development of key student skills and responsibilities necessary to safely and effectively navigate the digital transformation of today and the highly-skilled, technology driven global world of tomorrow.
We are also empowering each teacher with specially designed professional development to support the facilitation, guidance and personalization of student learning with proven and innovative approaches, many supported by technology, to enhance lessons, projects, problem solving and assignments.
INNOVATION HUBS, SPECIALISTS & RESOURCES
Virtual reality, 3D printing, green screen video stations and flexible spaces and furniture that support collaboration define the Innovation Hubs at Lakota Local Schools.
These innovative learning spaces also provide direct support to staff and students for the WEareEMPOWERED initiative through a Help Desk that students can visit for any assistance with their Chromebook, including care, usage, charging and hardware support.
The Hub is also a place for staff and students to find support around the use of instructional technology from innovation specialists. These dedicated members of Lakota's Team Inspire work to empower student leaders with a desire to become experts in our district and provide resources and tools along assisting in the use of the space.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are we providing 1:1 or increased access to devices for our students?
- How will increased access to technology change student learning?
- How are teachers preparing for students having increased access to devices?
- How are students being prepared for being 1:1 with the Chromebook?
- When will my child receive the Chromebook?
- How are the Chromebooks and 1:1 initiative being funded?
- What if my child arrives to school and the Chromebook is not charged?
- What if my child forgets to bring the Chromebook to school?
- Can I opt out of my child receiving a Chromebook or can my student use their own device?
- What if the Chromebook breaks, is lost, or stolen?
- Does the Chromebook have an internet filter outside of school?
- How do I access Canvas to view my child’s courses?