Transportation Law FAQs
- What are the state laws for transporting children in my district?
- What is the ‘state minimum’ for public school transportation?
- If my children are not eligible for school bus transportation, may I pay the district to transport them to and from school?
- Is violation of the Ohio Pupil Transportation Operation and Safety Rules also a violation of Ohio State Law?
- What is the maximum time a student may ride his/her school bus in Ohio?
- I cannot see my child's bus stop from my house. Are there state laws that set the standards for bus stop location?
- Are sidewalks required for my child to get to his/her bus stop?
- I want my child to wait inside my house or car until the bus is at the stop. Is this allowed?
- My child has an IEP (Individual Education Plan), but special transportation is not being provided. Why is this?