Lakota's Learning Management System, Canvas, is used across many Lakota classrooms in grades 3-12, providing students and parents with a unified platform for accessing learning materials from individual courses.
Canvas provides a central place for teachers to both deliver content and collect assignments. It also connects students to digital resources and materials and allows them to virtually collaborate with one another.Parents can access Canvas as an observer at any time and view individual assignment grades on Canvas or via Home Access Center.
Among the features and capabilities of Canvas:
- Space for digital course content;
- Ability to submit assignments and review teacher feedback;
- A calendar to track course discussions, events and assignments;
- An inbox for sending and receiving messages;
- Communication tools for classroom discussions, updates and student support;
- An app that supports most Canvas functions from a mobile device; and
- Ability to set notifications and alerts.